Opening hours

April - September
Every day, 9:00 - 18:00
 

October - March
Every day, 10:00 - 17:00

 

THE MUSEUM IS OPEN EVERY DAY THROUGHOUT THE YEAR!

PRICE LIST

TICKETS

6 € Adults
4 € Pensioner
4 € Students (University, Secondary levels)
2,5 € Schoolchildren
 

GUIDED TOURS IN THE MUSEUM
20 € per hour for groups smaller than 15 persons 

GUIDED TOURS OUTSIDE THE MUSEUM
25 € per hour per group


 

outdoor museums

Visits to outdoor museums complement the visit to the Kobarid Museum. For a guided tour to outdoor museums call our phone number 00386 5 389 0000, 00386 41 714 072 or send us an e-mail and we shall prepare a sightseeing program for you. Guiding service is charged according to current price list of the Kobarid Museum.

ITALIAN CHARNEL HOUSE

The Charnel House was built on Gradič hill around the already existing Church of St. Anthony which had been consecrated as far back as 1696. Along the road, leading to the Charnel House, Stations of the Cross were also erected.
In September 1938, the Charnel House was opened by Benito Mussolini. It is constructed in the form of three concentric octagonal fields, diminishing in the upward direction, with the Church of St. Anthony on the very top. Mortal remains of 7,014 known and unknown Italian soldiers who had been killed in the First World War were transfered to the Charnel House from the nearby military cemeteries.

Sightseeing duration: 1 hour
Access: on foot, or by car or bus (not longer than 12,5 m)

 

Italian charnel house (arhiv www.dolina-soce.com)Kostnica - napisi

 

 

 

 

 

BACK TO TOP

 

THE KOLOVRAT RIDGE – 1114 POINT

Along the right bank of the Soča extends the Kolovrat ridge between Tolmin and Kobarid. During the First World War, the Italian Army built their system of the third line of defence there. Today, an outdoor museum is arranged at this place, situated on the so-called "1114 point". Restored were commanders’ and observation posts, machine-gun and gun positions, caves and the network of trenches. During the sightseeing, panoramic views open over the Soča valley, the Krn range with Mt. Batognica and Mt. Mrzli Vrh, and the Friuli–Venezia Giulia region.

Sightseeing duration: 3 hours
Access: by car or bus, then on foot
 

Kolovrat3

 Kolovrat4

 

 

 

 

BACK TO TOP

 

TONOCOV GRAD

Tonocov Grad Hill is a rocky elevation near Kobarid. Due to its naturally secure position, there was a settlement on its top for many centuries.
It was settled from the Copper Age until the Middle Ages. The settlement's heyday was in the late Roman, or late Antiquity, period, between the 4th and the 6th centuries AD. Towards the end of the 5th century, a settlement with over twenty houses and several churches stood on the hill.
The remains of the buildings are in excellent state of perservation. These remains and rich archaeological finds rank Tonocov Grad among the most important late Antiquity mountain settlements in the eastern Alps.

Sightseeing duration: 1,5 hour
Access: by car or bus, then on foot

Tonocov grad1Tonocov grad2

 

 

 

 

 

BACK TO TOP

business card

Kobariški muzej

Gregorčičeva ulica 10

5222 Kobarid

SLOVENIJA

tel: +386 (0)5 389 00 00

GSM: +386 (0)41 714 072

fax: +386 (0)5 389 00 02

Lokacija